The best punching bags for apartments come in all sorts of popular brands with all their pros you will find in our rating.
Before ordering your favorite apartment punching bag, decide which option is more suitable for your training. After all, there are a lot of varieties of apartment punching bags, and each serves its own purposes.
Best punching bags suitable for apartments
Heavy (aka universal) punching bag
A large pear-shaped pear in the form of a cylinder up to 1.2 m long can also have a performance of almost human height.
In the first case, the bag is used in classic boxing, the second option is also suitable for practicing foot moves. This is a serious projectile weighing up to 120 kg, which will be useful for both amateurs and professionals, since it allows you to train all basic strokes.
Classic (pendant) punching bag
This punching bag is more like the fruit of the same name. It is suspended at the level of the head and serves to train blows in the upper zone. "Rocking" such a projectile is quite simple, so it can also be used to practice care.
Suspended classics by weight are usually divided into medium bags, which will be equally useful in the hall and in apartment, as well as more professional pneumatic pears.
Uppercut Punching Bag
A special kind of horizontal pear designed to work out the blows from below. However, today molded cylindrical bags with protrusions imitating the front part are produced.
This equipment is of a narrow specialization and is rarely taken for apartment use, but in professional schools, uppercut pears will always find worthy use.
Which Punching Bag is Best for Apartments?
1.In a small apartment gym, it’s easiest to place a suspended punch bag or a medium-sized stuffed classic with rubber shavings inside. Do not skimp and take a shell in a case made of genuine leather - it is unlikely that you will wear gloves after exercise equipment.
2. In the apartment room where several people are engaged, it is better to pick up pears with vinyl or artificial covers. The minimum kit should include a universal bag, hanging classics and at least one projectile for working out precise hits (pneumatics, chaser, mannequin). For the most expensive fillers for the main paraphernalia you do not need to chase - rubber or sawdust will be enough.
3. The child can buy a light hanging pear up to 10 kg with soft stuffing from sawdust. And if you want to reduce the risk of injuries, take a floor inflatable model or fix a boxing pillow on the wall with an air chamber or a gel insert inside.
Apartment Punching Bag Selection Options
If you do not want the filler from the pear to begin to spill out after a month of use, pay attention not only to the quality of the firmware of the seams, but also to the material of the cover:
1. Leather: It is expensive, durable and allows you to work even without equipment. However, you need to take leather pears from reliable manufacturers so as not to run into low-grade material with a pressed-in paint layer that quickly peels off the surface.
2. Leatherette: It is suitable for children's and teenage shells, but with sufficient thickness it can completely replace an expensive natural. Although, of course, such a cover will last a little less.
3. Vinyl: Slightly inferior in characteristics to artificial leather, moderately durable and appreciated for its ease of cleaning.
4. PVC is a good material for inexpensive shells, characterized by its water-repellent properties.
5. Tarpaulin is a budget option, however, you can work with such a projectile only with gloves, otherwise after a few strokes the knuckles will be erased to the point of blood.
Before buying, if it is possible to test the shell in action, spend at least a couple of direct strokes to check the stiffness. If your fist does not fall inward and does not bounce like a ball, but leaves a shallow dent in the pear, it fits perfectly. Otherwise, during training, there is a high risk of damage to the arm, especially if the blow has not yet been delivered correctly.